For Review database, any existing “email family” (an email and it’s attachments), email thread, and/or potential duplicates for the document you are currently working with is quickly accessible on the right side of the page.
When more information is desired, links (green arrows) are provided to “pop-out” any of the related documents into it’s own editor without removing you from your current task.
A Closer Look
When viewing a document in your review:
1) Email Thread & Attachment box on the right side of the page, shows all of the related documents in the email family.
2) The document you initially searched is denoted by a gray background with a thick red border.
3) The document whose preview (and coding, review history, etc) are currently displayed is denoted with a blue arrow pointed towards the preview area.
To preview related documents, e.g. email attachments, emails in the thread:
4) Click on the desired document in the tree - in this case, Entourage Menu. Because the attachment you are looking at is part of your review — the border/background color stays with 5) the original Lunch email, while the 6) blue arrow denoting the currently previewed document moves to the attachment, Entourage Menu. 7) If you decide the attachment Entourage Menu warrants a closer look, you can pop-it-out into a new window via it’s green arrow.
8) Doing this will make the attachment the focus of the new window — and thus the “related documents” will now revolve around it. To set/alter a review status or privileged status, check the boxes next to any/all of the documents that you would like to modify, then click Edit to open the Bulk Edit interface.
9) Here you can make wholesale changes to all the selected documents, including setting your Privilege Status, Confidentiality, and Review Status. Just make your selections, then click Update Documents.
Note: In each instance, duplicate files will be flagged and displayed to streamline the process of deduplification and ensure that work is not being duplicated across datasets and/or reviewers.
Return to Review Workflow