In Nextpoint, you can present a chronological progression of the facts in your case through the use of page notes, customized export and load file templates, and easy to create visualizations.
Step 1: Create your Chronology Folder and Export Template
First, you will want to Create a folder for the Chronology documents. Do so by navigating to MORE Documents Folders click "Create New" enter Name and Abbreviation, select your color click "Create". You can also assign your newly created to a particular Folder Category.
Create a New Export Template, naming it as "Timeline of Events" - or other descriptive name - in Step 1, Select your preferred Image type in Step 2, and select to include a CSV Load File in Step 4.
When you get to Step 4, "Create New" for the load file so you can incorporate specific information you would like, plus Page Notes and the Nextpoint ID.
Step 2: Populate Your Chronology Folder
For any document which you would like to include on your timeline (if not all), add to the folder from the coding panel, and utilize the page note feature (see #11) to incorporate your timeline descriptions, and apply any additional coding you will want to export with your timeline report.
If you do not want to add documents to the Timeline Folder document by document, you can do so in bulk using the Filter Work Product section "Documents with Notes Only" Sort by date Select All Apply/Update your Timeline Folder.
Step 3: Export & Download Your Chronology Index
From the DOCUMENTS tab, select the three dot drop-down next to your Chronology Folder > Export > Name your export and select your Timeline Export Template.
Download the load file/spreadsheet when complete (MORE Data Exports).
Step 4: Hyperlink Your Chronology Index to Documents in Your Nextpoint Database
- Move NPID to column A and Insert a column for the hyperlinks.
- In the first cell of your new column, insert a formula that has the Nextpoint urls for a single document + the Nextpoint ID.
- For example, in a Nextpoint training database it would be =hyperlink("https://np-training.nextpoint.com/case/########/exhibits/show/"&A2)
- Copy this cell down through the rest of the load file. You can then copy and Paste Special as values so the formulas do not change.
- After this, you can turn your excel table into a timeline view as shown below.