How do I folder emails in chronological order and maintain family relationships?
If you want to add emails to a folder in chronological order, you will want to first find your emails and non-attachment loose documents, sort them in chronological order, and then make sure to pull in all related attachments when applying your folder. To accomplish this, you can take the following steps:
- Create a new folder in the SETTINGS Tab > Folders section.
- Navigate to the REVIEW tab and start building a search based on the criteria you are looking for. If the documents are coming from a particular import batch, start with batch:##. If the documents are already in a specific folder, start with folder:"folder name" and add the syntax component AND (document_type:email OR is_attachment:false) to the end of the search.
Note: If you are only considering emails and not loose/non-attachment files, just search for document_type:email
- Sort your results by date in ascending or descending order. You can accomplish this by clicking on "Date" at the top of the column.
- Once you have sorted by date, initiated the process of adding documents to your folder by clicking "Bulk Actions" at the top of the screen. In the Bulk Actions pop-up, you'll want to choose "Folder Actions/Apply" and select your newly created folder.
Make sure to select "Group by email family, including related documents" & "Email-Family" in the top section of the modal. This will pull in the related attachments to your selected emails.
- Once you press the Update Documents button, your documents will be sorted by date and email family in your newly created folder.