Uploads & Imports
This tutorial will guide you through the process of uploading data sets to your file room and importing mailboxes, loose files, and productions with a load file. It encompasses five short video walk-throughs with multiple choice questions at the end of each video.
The sections are as follows:
- Part 1 - Upload/Import Overview
- Part 2 - Uploading Documents to the File Room
- Part 3 - Importing a Mailbox File
- Part 4 - Importing Multiple Files
- Part 5 - Importing a Production with a Load File
If you would like receive feedback on your responses to the questions and a follow up about any additional questions you may have, be sure to fill out your name, email address, each of the answers to the questions, and submit your responses at the end of the course.
- The first step for getting any documents imported into your database is to upload them into the File Room; it acts as a storage unit to secure your data.
- You can add data stored locally on your computer to the File Room (using the drag and drop or Upload Files features) or you can request files when you need to collect data from others.
- Once the files are in your File Room, you can then import them into your database. Here are some best practices when it comes to the File Room/Importing.
- This workflow takes you through getting basic imports (single mailbox, multiple files) into your database.
- This workflow takes you through the process of importing a production with a load file into your database.
- After your production with load file import has finished processing, the last step is to family link the import.