If you would like to order documents chronologically for an export, there are a few steps you will need to take:
- Locate the document set that you would like included in your export.
- Select All documents in your list via the top-left drop-down.
- Click Bulk Actions.
- Add these documents to a folder that you will export. Either choose an existing folder you have created or create one from within the bulk action screen.
- Recommended action: In the bottom left-hand corner of the bulk action screen, you can choose to include any attachments or related documents for the selected dataset by clicking "Email Family" under the "Apply update to related documents:" section.
- In the Choose order: section in the bottom right-hand corner, select Date & Family to ensure that the documents are ordered chronologically and the email families (emails and attachments) are grouped together.
You can now create an export template to which outlines the documents should be exported and named by their folder name + position on export. Because you put your documents in the folder in chronological order, they will then be in chronological order on export.
To set up your export template accordingly, we recommend you:
- Initiate the setup of a new Export Template via Settings > Export/Exchange > Export Templates > Create
- Complete the first two steps of naming your template and choosing what you would like to include (e.g. Images that are PDFs)
- In Step 3, set the File Naming Priority to name files by the folder which you just populated in the above steps. To do this, navigate to Step 3 of the Export Template Setup > drag Folder or Responsive Issue to the top of the list > and select the folder which you just updated in the previous steps. If you don't take this step, the files will be named differently on export and sort on your desktop finder based on that name (e.g. Bates).
- In Step 4, include a load file (index), if you would like, and then make sure to save your template
- You are now set to export your files. Navigate back to the REVIEW or DOCUMENTS tab (Discovery and Litigation, respectively) > locate your folder for export and click the three-dot drop-down > click Export > select your new Export Template from the drop-down and click Export.