When you are looking at the grid view and you see the "Date" field, where does that value come from?
- "Date" in grid view uses the "Document Date" on the document
- For emails, the software will look at the following to populate document date (in order):
- The date from the email headers (sent date)
- The date that the email was received
- For attachments to a parent email, those documents will adopt the sent date of the parent email as their document date, ala a "Family Date".
- For other, loose documents or "efiles", the software will look at the following to populated document date (in order):
- Modified date
- Created date
- If the aforementioned dates are not present for their file types, the "Document Date" field will be empty at both the document-level and in the grid view.
Please sign in to leave a comment.