*This functionality is available for Advanced users only.
What is Nextpoint Exchange?
Exchange is an exclusive, highly-secure process of electronically delivering data (evidence) to opposing counsel, experts, judges or co-counsel with Internet speed and zero cost to Nextpoint users.
Here's how to use it:
Select documents you would like to exchange, and click "Exchange" in the top navigation bar.
If the number of documents you wish to exchange exceeds 5,000 - we recommend doing multiple exchanges with a smaller number of documents.
This will bring up the exchange modal window on your screen which walks you through the process.
01. Select a destination for your exchange
- Either create a new database
- On your current account (for an internal document copy)
- A 3rd Party account (for document production)
- Or choose an existing database (enter the PIN for the account in Settings on the destination case)
02. Select loadfile review (Yes or No)
- Reviewing the loadfile gives an extra level of QC to ensure you are producing exactly what you want
03. Configure the exchange
- Name the Exchange, e.g. 8/30/12 Production
- Select your options for what to include in the transfer
- If you transfer natives, images will be reprocessed and Bates/Confidentiality stamping will be lost
- Select any custom coding fields to include
- Click "Submit"
- You will get email notifications each step in the transfer process, and you can monitor your transfer by going to DATA > Outgoing Exchanges
04. Review your loadfile
- Make sure that all the documents you wish to produce, and only those documents are included in the exchange
05. Select Initiate Work OrderIf everything looks good, and click "Go".
06. Select Final Approval and click Go
- You will be taken to a disclaimer screen where you will click "Final Approval" to kick off the exchange.
The documents will be copied to the new instance, per your specifications, and the recipients will get email notification with instructions to access the database.