Add Documents to a Folder Using Bulk Actions
Perform a search to find the documents you would like to add. Select the documents and click "Bulk Actions".
NOTE: With this method, you may choose to include related documents, even if they were not returned in the search.
The Bulk Action window will open, where you can select the Folder to which your documents should be added. If the Folder you would like to use has not yet been created, you can select Create New Folder > enter the Folder Name > and click Create.
Before clicking Update, be sure to select how you would like to apply your update before continuing. You have the option to update documents:
Apply update to related documents:
- None - Only the documents in your selection will be added to the folder. This means any related attachments, emails, etc.. which were not part of your search results will not be added to the folder.
- Email Family - The documents in your selection AND their related family members (emails / attachments) will be added to the folder.
- Email Chain - The documents in your selection AND any other emails/attachments in the associated email chains will be added to the folder. This can oftentimes result in a more inclusive update than one intends.
- Duplicates - The documents in your selection and any duplicates will be added to the folder. This means duplicate files which may be referenced in different context (e.g. one PDF attached to two different emails) will be added to the folder.
- Current - Documents will be added to the folder in the order in which they appear in the current Grid View.
- Family - Documents will be added to the folder in email family order. Parent emails will precede any related attachments.
- Date & Family - Document will be added to the folder in date and email family order. Parent emails will be organized in chronological order and any associated attachments will proceed their parent email.
Click "Update Documents" and they will be added to your Folder based on the items you have selected.
Add an Individual Document to a Folder
Click into the document you would like to add to a folder from the Documents tab. Within the Document View, navigate to Related Folders in the sidebar.
To add the document to a folder, click the dropdown arrow next to Related Folders.
Click the symbol next to the folder you would like to add the document to, enter a folder number (or leave the number blank to use the default), and press "Submit".
Once the document has been applied to the folder, the symbol will change to .
Please sign in to leave a comment.