If you need to create a simple load file to tell Nextpoint where to find your documents, it's easy, just follow these steps.
- Get a list of the documents you want to upload, along with any file path information. Check out this topic to generate a file directory that looks like this:
- You will need the relative file path for your files, so if necessary, do a Find and Replace in your text editor to remove the extra pathing information. For this example, we are going to place the finished load file in the VOL0001 folder, so our pathing should look like this:
- Open Excel and create a new spreadsheet.
- At the top, enter a column header for image_file. If your documents are named by the starting Bates number, enter a header for bates_start as well.
- Each following row will be for an individual document, so copy the file name with relative path information in the image_file column. It should look something like this:
- Save your spreadsheet as a .csv file in the same root folder as your documents
- Now you can combine your documents and .csv file into a Zip file for a local upload, or add to your File Room for upload. Click here for more info on uploading.