*This functionality is available for Advanced users only.
When reviewing a particular type of document or document set in Discovery (e.g. emails, search results, etc..), it can be helpful to create a Grid View for an "at a glance" snapshot of your results.
Creating a Grid View Template
- To create a custom Grid View, click SETTINGS at the top of the screen > choose the General tab > click Create New to make a new template.
Note: In the Grid View Column Templates section at the bottom, you can view the currently saved templates, as well as Edit or Delete.
- Provide a Name for your template and click Save Template
- In the next screen, drag and drop fields which you would like to include in your Grid View Template from the Available Fields (left) to the Current Fields (right).
Likewise, you can remove fields from your template by dragging and dropping from Current Fields to Available Fields.
- Once the fields you would like to include are in the Current Fields column (right) you can click and drag field name(s) up and down to reorder.
- Select the default Sort Order if you would like to consistently sort results in this grid view by a particular attribute.
- When you are finished, click Save Template, and your template will be available in Grid View.
Using Your Grid View Templates
All Grid View Templates are available for selection after running a search OR filter under the REVIEW tab via the Views slider at the top right of the grid view.
To toggle your view, simply click the Views slider and select your view from the drop-down.
For more information on using Grid View and Chron View, click here >>
Return to Discovery Workflow
Article is closed for comments.