*This functionality is available for Advanced users only.
When reviewing a particular type of document or document set in Discovery (e.g. emails, search results, etc..), it can be helpful to create a Grid View for an "at a glance" snapshot of your results.
To create a custom Grid View, click SETTINGS at the top of the screen, then choose the General tab.
In the Grid View Column Templates section at the bottom, you can view the currently saved templates, as well as Edit or Delete.
Creating a Grid View Template
To create a new Grid View Template:
- Click "Create New" to make a new template (see above screenshot)
- Give your template a name
- Click on the fields you would like displayed in your grid
- Click and drag with the handles to the left of the field name(s) to reorder the fields.
- Click "Reset column data" if you want to start from scratch.
- Select the default "Sort Order" if you would like to consistently sort results in this grid view by a particular attribute.
- When you are finished, click "Save Changes", and your template will be available in Grid View.
Using Your Grid View Templates
All Grid View Templates are available for selection after running a search OR filter under the REVIEW tab. See the "Switch View" drop-down selector at the top right of the grid view.
For more information on using Grid View and Chron View, click here.
Return to Discovery Workflow