Now, you can securely Request Files from any third party (clients, counsel, etc...) from your Nextpoint File Room. It is a simple process in which you ("requestor") request files from a specified third-party, the "recipient" of that request receives a secure link to upload their respective files, and then you can access the uploaded files right away.
Take a closer look below at the three easy steps to request, upload, and access third-party files in your Nextpoint File Room.
Requesting Files from your File Room
- Navigate to DATA File Room Request Files.
- Click "Request Files", and you will be prompted to enter the recipient's Name, recipient's Email Address, the Folder Name to be created (for the recipient's upload), and any enclosure message.
- Click "Request Files" to finalize your request.
The named folder is created when the request is made and the recipient will be redirected to the specific upload location
Once the request has been sent, the recipient's upload link will expire in 5 days
Uploading Files as a Request Recipient
- When the requestor finalizes the "Request Files" above, you will receive an email from Nextpoint stating the particular requestor has provided access to upload files.
- Click the orange "Upload Files" button in the email verify your email address click "Upload Files".
- You will be brought to a secure File Room location in which you will only be able to see files you have uploaded.
Recipients will only be able to see files they have uploaded and do not have access to any other existing data in the File Room.
- Simply drag and drop your files to the designated space in the File Room or click "Upload Files" and navigate to the folder(s) on your local drive which you would like to upload. The recommended maximum size for a single upload is 20GB.
We also recommend reviewing the File Room Best practices Checklist linked here prior to uploading any files.
- Once your upload is complete, you can exit from the File Room location and the requestor will receive an email notification stating the files are being uploaded.
Accessing Files uploaded by Recipients
- Once the recipient has uploaded files, the requestor will receive an email confirmation.
- Access uploaded files via DATA File Room folder created via the initial request.