When you initiate a search across documents and/or transcripts, there are two views that you may use for your list results, Chron View and Grid View. Both of these views are available in both Review and Prep databases.
Chron view provides high-level context for your search results via a text view with term-hits bolded. This can be helpful if you like to see the term-hits highlighted alongside document context, or perhaps you are looking to verify if your search is on the right track or needs further refinement to weed out false positives.
A closer look at Chron View and the helpful information and options displayed is outlined below:
- The Document, Review Status, Bates range as well as any associated Folders/Issues.
- If you performed a text search, a summary of the applicable text is shown in context with the surrounding text (in this case "7pm" - "flights" is in the email subject)
- The Author, Document Date and Document Type
- You can also change the sort order by clicking the "Current Sort" value. This will toggle between ascending and descending order.
- You can Change Sort Criteria by opening up the dropdown, and making a selection.
- You can toggle between Chron View and Grid View.
- You can download a PDF of the document.
- You can view the document in Theater to view full screen.
Grid View will display the documents in a table, displaying varying fields in columns. You can either view in the default templates, or create as many custom grid views as you need in both Review and Prep.
A closer look at Grid View:
- Coding information for each document row will be displayed in the columns of your grid.
- Click on the triangle next to any file type icon to open the Document Actions popup, where you can Download Original Files, Download PDF, View in Theater, or display in the Document view.
- Click on a Column Header to change the Sort Criteria (in this case, we would be changing to sort by Email_Sent date).
- Use the dropdown to select another saved Grid View Template. For information on how to set up a custom Grid View, click here.
- You can toggle between Chron View and Grid View via the "Switch View" drop-down.
Return to Review Workflow