When you initiate a search across documents and/or transcripts, there are two views that you may use for your list results, Chron View and Grid View. Both of these views are available in both Discovery and Litigation databases.
Grid View will display the documents in a table, displaying varying fields in columns. You can either view in the default templates, or create as many custom grid views as you need in both Discovery and Litigation.
- Coding information for each document row will be displayed in the columns of your grid.
- Click on the triangle next to any file type icon to open the Document Actions popup, where you can Download Original Files, Download PDF, View in Theater, or display in the Document view.
- Infinite scrolling allows you to see more results at once and quickly load more results as you scroll
- Use the "Views" slider at the top right of your screen to select another saved Grid View Template or toggle between Chron View and Grid View.
- For information on how to set up a custom Grid View, click here.
Filters and Sorting
Search broadly, filter deeply to quickly drill into your search results
- Click on a Column Header to change the Sort Criteria
- Filters types based on field type:
- Text, picklist, and locked lists fields include "contains" and "exact" filters
- Mailbox and File Path fields include a custom folder tree filter
- Folders, issues, review and privilege status include a set filter
Grid View Customization
- Rearrange columns with drag and drop
- Pin columns to the left or right
- Robust column resizing, including auto-resize of all column
- Scroll horizontally when you need to see more information about a document(s) at a glance
For more information on creating Grid Views, click here if you are working in a Discovery database, or here if you are working in a Litigation database.
Chron view provides high-level context for your search results via a text view with term-hits bolded. This can be helpful if you like to see the term-hits highlighted alongside document context, or perhaps you are looking to verify if your search is on the right track or needs further refinement to weed out false positives.
A closer look at Chron View and the helpful information and options displayed is outlined below:
- The Document, Review Status, Bates range as well as any associated Folders/Issues.
- If you performed a text search, a summary of the applicable text is shown in context with the surrounding text (in this case "7pm" - "flights" is in the email subject)
- The Author, Document Date and Document Type
- You can also change the sort order by clicking the "Current Sort" value. This will toggle between ascending and descending order.
- You can Change Sort Criteria by opening up the dropdown, and making a selection.
- You can toggle between Chron View and Grid View.
- You can download a PDF of the document.
- You can view the document in Theater to view full screen.
Return to Discovery Workflow
Article is closed for comments.