Identify and Prepare Your Witness Binders
Whether you are heading into a deposition, arbitration or trial, it is important you understand your case and are familiar with the documents you believe your witness can potentially be shown during his or her testimony. The below steps will assist you, your team, and your witness in preparing for an examination.
- Create a Folder or Document Issue for your witness.
If you want to extract clips of deposition testimony as related to a specific witness, it is suggested you set up a Document Issue (instead of a folder) and a corresponding Transcript Issue in order to make page|line designations. This will allow you to later search across all content related to that specific witness.
- Search for exhibits to be used for the witness.
- Use sorting features to order documents; by date, by exhibit numbers, and so on. Then apply the folder or issue to your documents. Add the documents to the issue one at a time for a custom order.
- Create document treatments, and save them to your issue/folder.
- Designate deposition testimony to your issue/folder.
- You can use the notes section of each designation to individually identify each clip. (See Clip CE01 below.)
- Go to the DOCUMENTS tab > Document Issues and click on your issue to pull up your documents.
- Click Select: All, then click Export > As Combined PDFs OR As Individual PDFs.
- Select which options you would like to include the following:
- Native Placeholder (to use a placeholder in lieu of document images)
- A report-summary cover page
- Double sided Printing
- Add cover page (for each document)
- Include Family Documents
- Highlights (and Highlight Notes)
- Redactions (and Redaction Notes)
- Page Notes
- Click "Export" to download and print your PDF(s)
Go to the Depositions tab and in the Issues section, choose the Issue for your witness to pull up the depositions that you've added to your issue.
- In each deposition, Select Summary PDF to export your designations.
Return to Prep Workflow