Welcome to Nextpoint! If you are looking for the essentials to get you up and running, you have come to the right place. Below, we have broken down the on-boarding process which will walk you through the journey of working in Nextpoint for the first time.
Part 1: Getting Started in Nextpoint
The first time you log into Nextpoint, you will need to set up your user profile.
Not an Account Administrator?
Your account administrator will need to create your project and database(s) and add you to them. Once they do, you will receive an invitation to the database and to set up your user profile. You will then be able to login and can access your database directly.
On a single case plan?
If you are on a single case plan, your first steps will be to complete your User Profile Setup, then data transfer and import, as outlined below (skipping the aforementioned Account Setup). Nextpoint single case plans only include one case, therefore Account Dashboard access is not necessary for end-users and the Account Setup process is managed by your Account Director.
If you would like to set up additional cases in Nextpoint or gain further account dashboard access, please contact your Account Director to discuss your options.
Part 2: Upload Data to the File Room and Import
Users can import data into Nextpoint three different ways It is important to note that before proceeding with any of the below-mentioned import methods, users should set and/or verify their deduplication settings as deduplication happens upon import.
There are 2 steps to getting your documents into your database for review:
Step 1: Upload your data into your Nextpoint File Room
Click on the Data Tab and you will be automatically taken to your database's File Room.
There you can upload your data in 3 ways:
- Drag-and-drop individual files into your Nextpoint File Room, where you can then import them into Nextpoint. and for direct processing into Nextpoint.
- Upload multiple files to your Nextpoint File Room, where you can then import them into Nextpoint.
- Ask our data team to manage the import, either by moving it to your File Room or physically mailing it to us.
Step 2: Import your data into your Discovery database.
- For a collection of loose files, simply click the blue "Import" button next to the folder with your data and follow the prompts to get the data processing.
- For mailbox files (like .mbox or .pst files), navigate to the file in the File Room, check the box next to the file, and click "Import selected." Then follow the prompts to get the data processing.
- For produced data, follow the instructions in this link to process the data.
Step 3: Set up Your Coding Panel
- Click on "Settings" > "Coding."
- Add any "Responsive Issues" or "Privilege Codes" you would like when reviewing your documents.
- Add any additional custom fields that you would like to use (e.g. a "hot doc" checkbox or "Attorney Notes" paragraph field) and add them to the "Hot Fields" section of your coding panel.
Step 4: Review Your Data
- Click on the "Review" tab to begin reviewing your data set:
- Select any folders you created on import to begin reviewing data subsets
- Run searches on your data to isolate specific data sets
- Review data sets and click into individual documents from the Grid View.
- Code individual documents for responsiveness and privilege or bulk code sets of documents.
Part 3: Learning Opportunities for Beginners
- Accelerator 1 - Ediscovery 101
- Accelerator 2 -Account and Case Organization
- Accelerator 3 - Uploading and Importing
- Accelerator 4 – Analytics through Searching
- Accelerator 5 - Productions, Exports, and Exchanges
- Accelerator 6 - Advanced Litigation Organization - Exhibits
- Accelerator 7 - Advanced Litigation Organization - Transcripts
You can also watch additional training videos and webinars detailing many Nextpoint workflows and features, as well as more broad eDiscovery concepts, in the Nextpoint Help Center.
Weekly Nextpoint 101 Training Webinar
Come check out our Nextpoint 101 training webinar, hosted weekly on Wednesdays at 12PM CT.
Registration is always available and you can register via this link >>
Bookmark the Nextpoint Help Center and use it as your first resource for any product-related questions. To get you started, the below articles address the most common questions our support team receives: